You received this error because aligning your reads resulted in no uniquely aligned reads.
There could be a variety of causes and solutions for this:
- You could have selected the wrong species to map your data against.
- Your sample was contaminated by another organism.
- The data quality could have been poor from either poor DNA/RNA quality or from poor sequencing.
Here are various solutions that can either resolve your issue or at least help you better understand it:
Solution 1 - double check your sample's species
Follow these steps to check your sample's genome and change it if you need:
- From the Basepair dashboard, click on "Samples" button on the top left of your screen.
- Click on your sample. You should see the "Genome" field as shown in the red square in the picture below.
- If the genome does not look correct, you can change it. Click on the "Edit" button on the top left of your screen.
- From the dropdown menu you can change the genome (shown in the red box in the picture below). Then click "Save".
Solution 2 - contact us
If you still cannot resolve your issue, please don't hesitate to contact us by either:
- Creating a ticket here: http://support.basepairtech.com/support/tickets/new
- Message us using the chat icon in the lower right corner of your screen on the Basepair dashboard.